What is Vestibular rehabilitation therapy (VRT)?
This form of therapy can be defined as an exercise-oriented treatment process which is designed to alleviate vestibular disorders. It is mostly used in the successful treatment of dizziness and imbalance. Vestibular rehabilitation therapy aims to;
- Improve your visual stability
- Enhance body stability
- To improve vertigo
- To improve your day to day life.
Absolute Physical Therapy in Houston, TX offers Vestibular rehabilitation therapy. This treatment helps in both vestibular adaptation and substitution. Physical therapists at Absolute Physical Therapy will guide you through the exercises for VRT. These exercises form part of an effective treatment package that will eliminate your pain and trauma. These exercises include
- Head-eye movements. Physical therapists at Absolute Physical Therapy will help you exercise these two to help with the dizziness. These exercises will also include the use of various body postures
- The Vestibular rehabilitation therapy regimen will include exercises that will work on how you maintain balance. The physical therapists will also reduce your support base as you get familiar with the exercise. This will enable you to work on your body balance.
- The third VRT exercise will have you mostly repeating the movements. This will be to help you provoke the vertigo. This will enable the physical therapist to work on your balance and movement. The physical therapist will also slowly expose you to various sensory and motor environments.
Anyone can undertake Vestibular rehabilitation therapy regardless of age, cause and symptom severity. VRT needs one to be self-disciplined as these vital exercises need to be performed several times, every day. The duration of these exercises doesn’t need to be long to aid in vestibular recovery. Visit our center in Houston, Texas and we will definitely help you. Our center is packed with the best physical therapists in Houston, TX that are sure to be of help.